Go Back   ScarletBuckeye - Ohio State Forums > Buckeye Basketball & Sports > Basketball Talk > Player Profiles > Former Player Profiles

Notices

Old 08-16-2010, 09:37 PM   #1
OSUBasketballJunkie
Super Moderator

Credits: 2,828,932
Thanked 6,752 Times in 4,599 Posts

Default 2011-2013 SF - LaQuinton Ross ('14 3rd Team All Big Team)

Rivals.com

Scout.com

Small forward
Burlington, New Jersey
Life Center Academy

Ht: 6'8"
Wt: 195 lbs
AAU: MBA Hoops

Verbaled to Ohio State on 8/16/10.

Not many players come along with Ross' length and skill set. At 6 feet 8, Ross is a great scorer with his ability to shoot from deep as well as slash to the basket. Capable of getting his shot off at will, Ross also has a great feel for passing. He is improving as a defender and rebounder as he continues to develop physically.

Scout.com$

Ross Goes Down To Big Ten Squad..................Ross verbaled to Ohio State over Baylor and West Virginia.

Rivals.com$

Ross pops for Big Ten..........................
OSUBasketballJunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2010, 02:25 PM   #2
OSUBasketballJunkie
Super Moderator

Bucknuts.com$

Ross Latest Matta Verbal........................
Old 10-25-2010, 08:14 PM   #3
OSUBasketballJunkie
Super Moderator

Dispatch

Quote:
Tweet beat: LaQuinton Ross update

A light Buckeyes news day on Twitter. But I did receive a question from a follower asking about 2011 commitment LaQuinton Ross, so I e-mailed his coach about whether Ross has received his SAT score or scheduled an official visit to Ohio State. The answer to both questions was no -- for now.

Ross, from Jackson, Miss., is a senior at Life Center Academy in Burlington, N.J. His coach there, Wilson Arroyo, said the SAT score is expected later this week (Ross took the exam Oct. 9). After that, Arroyo added, Ross will decide when to visit the OSU campus.

The timing would be good Nov.12-13 for the basketball opener against North Carolina A&T and the football game against Penn State on back-to-back days. That's during the week that recruits can sign national letters of intent (the signing period begins Nov. 10).

That also is the weekend the Buckeyes are scheduled to welcome Detroit Country Day center Amir Williams for his official visit. Coaches are hoping he completes the 2011 class.

The other 2011 commitments are point guard Shannon Scott of Alpharetta, Ga., and Chicago wing Sam Thompson.
Old 11-07-2010, 10:49 AM   #4
OSUBasketballJunkie
Super Moderator

Dispatch

Quote:
Tweet beat: LaQuinton Ross will visit

- I received an e-mail today from 2011 wing LaQuinton Ross' coach at Life Center Academy in Burlington, N.J. In it, the coach, Wilson Arroyo, said Ross received a qualifying score on the SAT he took last month -- what the score is, exactly, he didn't say -- and that he and Ross are in the process of setting up an official visit to campus on Nov.12 and 13. That's the same weekend 2011 center Amir Williams of Detroit is scheduled to visit.

Arroyo also didn't say when Ross, who committed to Ohio State in August, will sign his national letter of intent. The first day he can is Nov. 10.
Old 11-07-2010, 11:07 AM   #5
OSUBasketballJunkie
Super Moderator

Link

Quote:
Catching up with LaQuinton Ross...
Posted 11/3/2010 11:00 PM CDT on clarionledger.com

LaQuinton Ross plans to be at Lanier on Saturday when the high school basketball season tips off, although it won’t be exactly how Ross would’ve imagined a couple years ago.
The former Callaway and Murrah standout is finishing his prep career Life Center Academy in New Jersey, where he transferred last January during the middle of his junior year.
“I think if I had a chance to do it again, I think I would’ve stayed at Callaway for all four years,” said Ross, who’s home in Jackson this week during a break at school. “But everything happens for a reason. I think I made a decision that will help me for future in college and hopefully the pros.”
Ross, a versatile 6-8 win player who’s ranked as the nation’s No. 53 senior by Rivals.com, verbally committed to Ohio State in August. Ross reiterated his commitment to the Buckeyes on Monday but also indicated he may wait until the spring signing period that begins next April to make his choice official.
“It’s a long way til the end of the season,” Ross said. “I feel like Ohio State is the best school for me right now.”
Coming back to Mississippi for college had been a thought before, Ross acknowledged.
“I did consider Mississippi State and Ole Miss,” he said. “I liked Ole Miss better at first. I started thinking about Missisippi State when I knew Deville (Smith) was going there. If I was picking a school in Mississippi now, it would be Misssissippi State.”
Although he’s 1,200 miles from home when in south Jersey, Ross said he still keeps up with high school basketball in the Magnolia State.
“I talk to Deville and Rodney (Hood) and sometimes Johnny (O’Bryant),” Ross said. “It would’ve been nice to have had a chance to be Mr. Basketball and those things, but I made a decision for my future.”
Old 11-19-2010, 07:36 PM   #6
OSUBasketballJunkie
Super Moderator

Rivals.com$

Matta raves about signing Ross.......................
Old 11-19-2010, 08:39 PM   #7
OSUBasketballJunkie
Super Moderator

Bucknuts.com (Free)

Hoops Verbal Ross Makes It Official............................
Old 11-19-2010, 09:47 PM   #8
Arapahoe
CEO 3:16

Favorite Buckeye: Ryan Shazier, Bradley Roby, Malcolm Jenkins, Chris Gamble
Credits: 51,700
Thanked 4,043 Times in 2,446 Posts

Welcome to the Buckeye Family!!
Arapahoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 03:46 PM   #9
OSUBasketballJunkie
Super Moderator

Scout.com$

Ross Bounced Back From Injury.........................
Old 12-29-2010, 07:26 PM   #10
OSUBasketballJunkie
Super Moderator

Update.............

Link

Quote:

LaQuinton Ross leads Life Center, hopes to be Ohio State's next lottery pick

Ross' dream is playing in NBA and the long road to get there has already given him wisdom beyond his years

The Southern hospitality is the first thing you notice talking to Jackson, Miss., native LaQuinton Ross.

“No, sir ... Yes, sir ... I’m sorry to keep you waiting, sir.”

It’s easy to forget that this 6-foot-8, 218-pounder has spent the last four years getting showered with praise and accolades for his exploits on the basketball court. Ross, a senior swingman at Life Center Academy (Burlington, N.J.) is the nation’s No. 63 recruit in the ESPNU 100. He has committed to Ohio State, where he hopes to follow in the footsteps of recent Buckeyes Greg Oden, Mike Conley Jr. and Evan Turner by becoming an NBA lottery pick.

Ross’ humble demeanor may be attributed to his quick ascent from an awkward, uncoordinated middle schooler to a 6-foot-4 freshman who topped many of the national rankings for his high school basketball class. As a child, Ross had very little exposure to the sport. That changed when he met Mississippi Basketball Association AAU coach Omhar Carter at age 9. Carter, who has coached several Division I college prospects, including NBA standout Monta Ellis, doesn’t remember being overly impressed with Ross’ first basketball experience.

Continued...............