Go Back   ScarletBuckeye - Ohio State Forums > Buckeye Football > Recruiting > Past Recruiting Classes > '13 Committed Elsewhere

Notices

Old 10-10-2012, 11:40 PM   #1
OSUBasketballJunkie
Super Moderator

Credits: 2,828,932
Thanked 6,752 Times in 4,599 Posts

Default '13 FL LB - James Hearns (Louisville Verbal)

Rivals.com

Scout.com

Espn.com

24/7Sports

Inside linebacker
Tallahassee, Florida
Lincoln

Ht: 6'3"
Wt: 230 lbs
40: 4.6 secs

Hearns is verbaled to Florida but Ohio State has offered.

OSUBasketballJunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 11:40 PM   #2
OSUBasketballJunkie
Super Moderator

Dave Biddle ‏@davebiddle

RT @BCastOZone: Florida commit James Hearns (4* LB) told @MChungOzone he is still committed to UF but strongly considering OSU.

Dave Biddle ‏@davebiddle

RT: @BCastOZone: Hearns plans to visit OSU for the Michigan game and again after the season. Full story on @theozonedotnet in the morning.
Old 10-11-2012, 10:22 PM   #3
OSUBasketballJunkie
Super Moderator

ozone.net

Quote:
Football Recruiting
Meyer Chomping Down on Another Gator Commit?

By Michael Chung

The-Ozone recently interviewed Daniel McMillian, a current commit for the Florida Gator, and it was revealed that Ohio State is the only school McMillian would consider at this point other than UF. Now, Urban Meyer is trying to flip another Florida commit.

One thing is certain: Urban Meyer leaves no stone unturned in recruiting. Trying to predict where he will go next is like trying to predict the stock market. If you follow Meyer long enough, there will inevitably be a new big name that pops up on the recruiting trail.

Right now, that name is James Hearns.

Recently, The-Ozone’s Brandon Castel and myself debated the state of Ohio State’s linebacking core in year one of the Meyer era. My argument was that the Buckeyes were in good shape while Brandon’s position posed more concern. It seems like Urban agrees with Brandon’s view, as Hearns revealed to the- Ozone that Ohio State is recruiting him hard.

Do the Buckeyes have a chance? What are the odds Hearns de-commits from his home state and comes up north? He took some time to talk to The-Ozone after a game in which he had three interceptions (one was negated by a penalty), one of which he took all the way for a touchdown.

If that game is any indication of the type of talent James “The Hitman”* Hearns is, then it is no surprise why the OSU coaches are desperately trying to flip this star linebacker out of Tallahassee, Fla.

Ozone: It is reported that you will make 2 trips to Columbus, is this true?

Hearns: Yes, I am trying to make an unofficial visit for the Michigan game and an official visit after the football season.

Ozone: Are you still committed to Florida?

Hearns: Yes I am, but I am taking visits to OSU because I want to see the game atmosphere and want to visit after season. If you make an official visit on game weekend, it is hard to see everything. There is definitely a chance for me to go to Ohio State. It will take a lot for me to flip my commitment from Florida, but I will not rule it out and I want hear what Ohio State has to offer.

Ozone: How hard is Urban Meyer recruiting you?

Hearns: He is recruiting very hard; they call a lot, almost every other day. I am not just talking to coach Meyer, but to coach (Luke) Fickell, and coach (Tim) Hinton. They are calling all the time. I believe coach Hinton has Florida as a recruiting area. I talk to Mark Pantoni almost every other day as well.

Ozone: Are there other schools you are listening to or just Ohio State?

Hearns: I am listening to other schools like Louisville and UCLA but there is no interest. The only reason I listened is because they have called. I am not de-committing from Florida, but I am open to Ohio State. The only school that I would consider outside of Florida is Ohio State.

Continued..............
Old 10-12-2012, 10:09 PM   #4
OSUBasketballJunkie
Super Moderator

Rivals.com$

4-star linebacker 80-90 percent committed..............Tallahassee (Fla.) Lincoln Rivals250 linebacker James Hearns made two trips to Gainesville in the last week on back-to-back days. On Friday he and his Trojans teammates beat Buchholz 45-7. The Florida commit, playing infront of his future position coach D.J. Durkin, had a had a huge night playing in his future hometown, registering two big interceptions and would have had another if not for a penalty.
Old 10-19-2012, 08:52 PM   #5
OSUBasketballJunkie
Super Moderator

Chris Nee ‏@CNee247

RT @LukeStampini Florida LB commit James Hearns still plans to visit Ohio State. James Hearns still plans to visit Ohio State this season
Old 10-24-2012, 10:21 PM   #6
OSUBasketballJunkie
Super Moderator

Update............

Quote:
James Hearns (6-3, 230, LB, 2013, Tallahassee, Fla., Lincoln HS)

Hearns is a verbal commitment to Urban’s old Florida Gators team. The Buckeyes are recruiting this prospect hard; so hard that Florida has recently made inroads with former OSU commit and current ND commit Alex Anzalone in case players like Hearns de-commit. Hearns told The-Ozone he is 70/30 Florida to OSU but is planning on visiting OSU twice, one would be an official. The staff is recruiting him hard and the Buckeyes need at least two linebackers for the 2013 class, so the would love to Hearns flip to Ohio State. You can read his Ozone interview here. His first visit will be for the Michigan game.
Old 11-26-2012, 10:39 PM   #7
OSUBasketballJunkie
Super Moderator

Luke Stampini ‏@LukeStampini

Ohio State assistants Tim Hinton & Luke Fickell will have an in-home visit with Florida LB commit James Hearns Tuesday James Hearns
The Following User Says Thank You to OSUBasketballJunkie For This Useful Post:
Old 12-02-2012, 01:43 PM   #8
OSUBasketballJunkie
Super Moderator

Update...........

Quote:
James Hearns (6-3, 235, ILB, 2013, Tallahassee, FL)
Hearns was not able to make it to the Michigan game due to his team being in the playoffs. Luke Fickell and Tim Hinton visited Hearns this week during practice and in-home. Hearns told the-Ozone earlier that he is 70/30 Florida/Ohio State. He sounds like he wants to be loyal to UF because they stood by him after he had a knee injury. He is planning to visit Ohio State in January on an official. Look for Ryan Shazier to be his host and be in his ear to come up North as well. I think Ohio State is in much better position with Hearns than they are with Daniel McMillian, who also visited this weekend for the Michigan game. At this point, Ohio State will have to blow Hearns away on his official visit but it will be a tough fight with the Gators. You can read his the-Ozone interview here.
Old 12-09-2012, 06:28 PM   #9
OSUBasketballJunkie
Super Moderator

24/7Sports

Gator Commitment Will Check Out OSU...............4-Star Florida linebacker commitment James Hearns is looking forward to taking a good look at Ohio State when he makes an official visit next month.
Old 12-15-2012, 11:16 PM   #10
OSUBasketballJunkie
Super Moderator

LukeStampini Luke Stampini

Florida assistants watch LB commit James Hearns; Still plans to see Ohio State Florida assistants watch LB commit James Hearns via @247Sports