Old 01-31-2013, 12:43 PM   #41
seismicmike
Professor Einstein

Favorite Buckeye: Joey Bosa
Credits: 2,537
Thanked 1,200 Times in 884 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by McKraut View Post
F*** Ray Lewis. Generally I think a person's private matters should be just that, but Lewis has a history of acting like a thug and then hypocritically always talking about his "faith" in God after the games... honestly, the man has blood on his hands, and walked, for crying out loud... anyone other than a famous person would likely have gone to prison for that brawl 13 years ago. I'm sick of hearing about him to be honest. One of the biggest problems we have in our society is the way we idolize athletes, entertainers, politicians, etc.... anyone in the public light, and many of these people, imo, are far from deserving of such lofty praise.

A few examples:

Michael Irvin... multiple cocaine convictions, several violent altercations, tends to be arrogant, not good qualities for a role model, yet he's a HOF.

Anyone from Jersey Shore or any other reality TV show... more often than not a bunch of spoiled brats sleeping around, getting wasted, fighting, and proving just how stupid they are... enough said.

Paris Hilton... same as above.

Britney Spears... same as above.

Far too many rappers... many of them are convicted felons or have extensive police records even if they don't have felonies, most are misogynists, racists and/or bigots, many have little regard or respect for others, yet millions of parents let their children idolize these thugs... Entertainment is one thing, but teach your kids the difference between entertainment and lifestyle.

Far too many musicians... the top two tenets of most musicians... sex and drugs... great things for people to be idolized for.

Teddy Kennedy- was notorious around Washington for being a cocky, arrogant douche and generally walking all over anyone he felt was beneath him... Killed at least one person, never saw the inside of a jail cell.

George HW Bush - launched illegal war that led to the deaths of thousands if not millions of innocent Iraqi civilians... as a long time employee of the CIA Bush had surely committed numerous illegal activities under the protection of them being part of Black Ops programs, plus there is a great deal of evidence to support the likelihood that he was involved in the plot to kill JFK (along with Nixon, Ford, Johnson, and several other key figures in Washington in the late '50s and 60s), and I almost forgot, Grandpa Bush (Prescott) was a widely known Nazi and helped the Nazi Party stash away millions in stolen money during WWII.

George W Bush - Launched two illegal wars, again responsible for the deaths of more than 1 million people, began use of drone strikes that killed hundreds more innocent people... had War Crimes charges drafted against him, but that was in 2007 and seemed to be more of a political tool in Washington to sway public opinion farther away from the GOP as nothing formal ever came of them... yet many people (dumb as hell rednecks that they usually are) still revere him.

Obama- I'll just say that he, as a politician (as well as 99.9% of all other politicians), really doesn't give a hoot about anyone that doesn't make 6 figures or more, not too mention the fact that people actually revered him like he was the second coming of Jesus on the 2008 Election trail... seriously. I know someone personally that refused to wash their hands for 3 weeks after getting to shake hands with Obama on a Columbus campaign stop. A f***ing politician and lawyer, whom people were treating like the Son of God... continued drone strike program which, at his current pace of ordering attacks, will accumulate a death toll of 700-1,000 under his oversight, expanded Bush's unconstitutional wars into three new countries, admittedly has a sanctioned kill list which includes American citizens (which many suspect he has already begun carrying out), yet in spite of doing all these things, people still think of him as a man of peace thanks to his Nobel Peace Prize... which he did exactly nothing to merit receiving.

Yet people wonder why America is going to hell in a hand basket. What happened to the days when people revered honorable men and women, people that went well beyond the necessary means to care for their neighbors? What happened to the days when Americans praised soldiers or priests or doctors or charitable people over entertainers and politicians?

I will concede that there are many such people out there that are truly good people, and do many good deeds to help others outside of the public eye for the sake of both being good responsible with what they've been blessed with and because they don't want the praise of the public for doing it. Sadly, those people often are not the ones that get idolized by people and placed on grandiose pedestals of public opinion.
Ahem.... Politics. Not that I disagree with you, but LM stuff here

Since 1950, tOSU is 33-28-2 against TTUN
tOSU has 6 National Championships to TTUN's 1
tOSU has 6 Heisman Trophies to TTUN's 2
tOSU has 11 Rose/BCS Bowl* Wins to TTUN's 8
* I'm only counting BCS bowls from 1998 on, not early wins in bowls that later became BCS bowls. I'm also not counting the 2011 Sugar Bowl that was vacated. None of these numbers include the 2010-2011 season.

tOSU has 26 Big Ten Championships including 14 solo and 12 shared
TTUN's has 23 Big Ten Championships, including 11 solo and 12 shared.

tOSU's most recent Big Ten Championship: 2009
TTUN's most recent Big Ten Championship: 2004

Since 2001:
tOSU has 6 Big Ten Championships including 5 solo and 1 shared
TTUN has 2 Big Ten Championships, including 1 solo and 1 shared.
seismicmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 01:50 PM   #42
BuckeyeChad
Buckeye HOF

Favorite Buckeye: Troy Smith, Chris Wells, Dane Sanzenbacher, James Laurinaitis, AJ Hawk
Credits: 122,134
Thanked 1,488 Times in 991 Posts

BuckeyeChad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 02:16 PM   #43
wesbranscum
Buckeye Extremist

Favorite Buckeye: George,Hawk,Hyde,Simon, Boren, Griffin, Doss, Lauranitis,Bosa
Credits: 45,364
Thanked 1,141 Times in 842 Posts

Neither has LSU, Oregon, Nebraska, Auburn, Arkansas and many more, in fact they are over 10 small school qb's that have played in the big game, majority won
Old 02-01-2013, 02:31 PM   #44
BuckeyeChad
Buckeye HOF

Favorite Buckeye: Troy Smith, Chris Wells, Dane Sanzenbacher, James Laurinaitis, AJ Hawk

Pretty sure it was an observation that 3 of the top college programs have yet to yeild a qb in the super bowl.......
Old 02-01-2013, 02:57 PM   #45
Block "O"
Super Sophomore Moderator

Favorite Buckeye: Antoine Winfield, Chris Spielman, and ME
Credits: 3,538,103
Thanked 3,085 Times in 2,084 Posts

No problem with the comment, but I still never liked Trey Wingo. Talk about never asking anyone a tough question.
Block "O" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 03:41 PM   #46
McKraut
8th Leaf & NC, 2013

Favorite Buckeye: Demetrius Stanley, Mike Doss, Malcolm Jenkins, James Laurinatis, AJ Hawk, Kurt Coleman
Credits: 3,540,898
Thanked 1,151 Times in 822 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by seismicmike View Post
Ahem.... Politics. Not that I disagree with you, but LM stuff here
I wasn't trying to make it political, and I tried to be balanced in pointing out flaws of elected officials (both parties) as well as celebrities, sorry about that though... I can get a little long-winded with rants sometimes.

Last edited by McKraut; 02-01-2013 at 03:45 PM.
McKraut is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to McKraut For This Useful Post:
Old 02-01-2013, 03:49 PM   #47
McKraut
8th Leaf & NC, 2013

Favorite Buckeye: Demetrius Stanley, Mike Doss, Malcolm Jenkins, James Laurinatis, AJ Hawk, Kurt Coleman
Credits: 3,540,898
Thanked 1,151 Times in 822 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckeyeChad View Post
Trey Wingo not only has one of the douchiest names ever, he's also one of the most spineless "reporters" ever. I agree with Armani on that one. I also agree with wes... it is somewhat contemptible that he failed to mention any of ESPN's darling teams from the SEC or Oregon in that tweet.
Old 02-01-2013, 04:12 PM   #48
BuckeyeChad
Buckeye HOF

Sometimes yall read way to much into just a useless fact.....might want to lay of the hatorade just a little bit up north not everything is said to make the SEC look great.
The Following User Says Thank You to BuckeyeChad For This Useful Post:
Old 02-01-2013, 05:43 PM   #49
Block "O"
Super Sophomore Moderator

Favorite Buckeye: Antoine Winfield, Chris Spielman, and ME
Credits: 3,538,103
Thanked 3,085 Times in 2,084 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckeyeChad View Post
Sometimes yall read way to much into just a useless fact.....might want to lay of the hatorade just a little bit up north not everything is said to make the SEC look great.
Hatorade? Just a question did you enjoy ESPN's coverage of the Ohio State scandal vs. Miami, Oregon, and Auburn? If one network deserves to be hated, its ESPN.
Block "O" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 05:53 PM   #50
BuckeyeChad
Buckeye HOF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Block "O" View Post
Hatorade? Just a question did you enjoy ESPN's coverage of the Ohio State scandal vs. Miami, Oregon, and Auburn? If one network deserves to be hated, its ESPN.
No I didn't enjoy it, but I don't feel the need to turn everything into a ESPN f'n hates us battle or point out how the SEC is so dominant on ESPN because of whatever reason.....it was a useless fact that I thought was kinda of interesting because when you start to name elite college programs those 3 are some where on the list mainly at the top. Not one time did I think maybe I should look up and see how Oregon did (who will fade into non existance one day) or another SEC school did.

Thus some of you need to lay of the hatorade.....