Discussion in '2020 Season' started by OSUBasketballJunkie, Jan 2, 2021.
What a waste of a timeout he was clearly down
Fowler’s a Dick.
It’s not working Kerry!
Well I'm going to bed for real now
It's Hockey season
Wonder if the coaches have the balls to pull Wade. It's obvious he's not 80%.
Wish I could go to bed, ill be up until 3 or 4...changes need to be made. come to Jesus moment ala Clemson 31-0
Give gimpy Wadel cushion Wade.
We have lost the line of scrimmage all fucking game.
Kerry has to go or solely focus on DBs
Offensively we have to hit a homerun at RB.
I’m getting more and more pissed off watching this game. Shit better change on defense because this is unacceptable. This is Ohio State and we keep shitting the bed like this. If Jeff Hafley stuck another year I guarantee we’d have a better defense.
I’ve gotta sign off.
How can Fowler and Herbie act like this game is a result of Fields' play. Not even remotely the case
Can we not give up another score
Last series noticed that Fields was fastballing the ball. Could have been a score there.
Thought I saw Wade press cover on the last two plays.
We have recruited so well over the past several season but the thing I noticed during the game was the talent level between Alabama and us. They look so much bigger, faster, stronger and deeper than we look.
Yes, we had players out but even with us being full strength it’s the same. We need so much on defense right now.
Does anyone else see this?
Yes I agree...if we played 10x I honestly think we'd lose 9 maybe even 10 times. If DaVonta Smith had an off game, Najee Harris would go for 300+. That was an overwhelming beatdown and a lot of their team is 'young' and this wasn't even a great Bama team compared to some of the teams over the years. Next year we could really take a step back too.
We’re not going to challenge Alabama or win a title until we get a hell of a lot better on both lines, linebackers and secondary. It’s the path to a championship. You cannot lose the line of scrimmage and we have every time we get blown out in big games.
Exactly right. We lost that game in the trenches. A couple of my thoughts on how to close the gap on Alabama:
1. Day is a terrific young coach. No one I would rather have leading our program for the next 20 years. But he isn't there yet. It was obvious the loss of Sermon caused some issues and Day did not adjust effectively.
2. We need to change our recruiting strategy on the defensive line. We need bigger bodies who can move. No offense to the guys we have but we need some guys who are space eaters up front.
3. I think this issue is solved next year, but at Ohio State, we should have 1-2 more running backs who can break it, when the starter goes out. Today we do not. No offense to the guys we have, but they are not difference makers.
4. We need an experienced defensive coordinator. I love Coach Coombs, just feel he is more suited to the secondary. We are one of the top 2-3 programs in the nation, we should get our pick of quality coaches who can develop and call defense.
5. We have to recruit at a higher level when going after, DL, LB and DB.
Proud of my Buckeyes. Great year. Played hard through adversity. We have to improve on defense next year. Appreciate Ryan Day and staff, players, parents. Go Bucks!
We looked small compared to Alabama. It showed on the lines and linebackers. We can get by with it in the big ten but not in the cfp. Big problem.
Separate names with a comma.